West Virginia Office of Miners' Health Safety and Training
Certificate of Approval
Last revised: 02/25/20 02:02 PM
Please read carefully the instructions and if you have questions, contact one of our offices or use the contact link below to email your question.
Please keep in mind that NO EXTENSIONS for the new year will be ISSUED BEFORE January 1.
The Office of Miners' Health, Safety and Training is providing PDF forms for extensions - these are forms with fields that you can complete. You will need a current version of the Adobe Reader (see the link below) in order to complete the application. The Application and General Information forms have been combined into one PDF Document.
1. Click on the link for the Application and Extension Package (below).
2. Complete the form (all pages). Your WV MHS&T Permit Number is
critical for your application to be processed properly. Not sure of your permit
number? View a status list of all current
permits here: WV Permits Listings
Verify your Permit Number before you enter data!
3. Once the form is complete you will need to print it out (you can save a copy to your hard drive if you want a digital copy).
4. The completed form must be signed and dated by a company official. We must have a legal signature of a company official on the form.
5. The completed form may be mailed or faxed to our Charleston Office (304-558-6091). The address and fax number is on the Application. You have the option to email the completed PDF form if you have a digital signature, or you can scan the signed document and send it as an email attachment to the Email addresses below.
6. Your permit fee of $100 may be paid on-line Use this link to pay your Extension fee
7. Penalty Assessments may also be paid on-line Use this link to Pay Penalty Assessments
Download the current version of Acrobat Reader
Independent Contractor Certificate of Approval Extension Application
Application for Exemption
Approved Inactive Status
(Fillable forms - although you can complete these forms, they cannot be sent electronically without a legal signature of a company official)
Numerical, and A through J
304-720-1127 or email Emily.R.Wayne@wv.gov
K through Z
304-720-1126 or email Stacie.M.Watson@wv.gov
[MHS&T Homepage] [ Publications Page] [ Frequently Asked Questions]
©2007 West Virginia
Office of Miners' Health Safety and Training.
An official West Virginia State Agency Web site.
Read our Privacy Notice Summary. Contact us.