To review WV.gov privacy notice, please click here.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
- We need certain personal and non-personal information to assist you with obtaining miner certifications and permitting for mining operations.
- The Personally Identifiable Information (PII) we may collect include your name, address, social security number, date of birth and more.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- By West Virginia law and the Privacy Act of 1974, we must collect certain PII to assist you. Without certain PII, we may not be able to determine your eligibility for a miner certification or mining permit.
- The information we collect may be combined with information obtained from other Executive Branch Departments’ websites and services.
- We use personal information for purposes that relate to the reason you provide it. If information is used for another purpose, we will obtain your permission.
ENTITIES DISCLOSED TO
- For purposes matching the reason you provided, we may share your information with other state and federal agencies for the limited purpose of data processing or storage.
- In certain cases, we may share your information when required by state or federal law.
- Your information may be shared with others we have hired to assist us; however, all staff and contractors are bound by a West Virginia Executive Branch Confidentiality Agreement.
- We do not sell or rent your PII to third parties for marketing purposes.
- We may share non-personal, aggregated, or de-identified data for purposes related to improving our business practices.
WHERE MAINTAINED AND PROPERLY SECURED
- The West Virginia Office of Miners’ Health, Safety and Training computer systems are constructed and maintained by the West Virginia Office of Miners’ Health, Safety and Training agency staff, the West Virginia Office of Technology, and/or the West Virginia Office of Miners’ Health, Safety and Training and state approved contractors.
- Regardless of the system or personnel responsible for it, multiple techniques and technologies are used to protect your PII. This means we use industry standards and several in-house safeguards to protect and maintain your information.
REVIEWING AND CORRECTING YOUR RECORD
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
- You have the right to review the personal information you provided us and to update or correct that information.
- If you have provided information to be posted on our agency website, you may choose to update or remove it at any time, except where such information is required by state or federal regulation.
- Agencies processing credit card information are required to be compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
HOW TO CONTACT US
- For more information on our privacy requirements and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To update or remove personal information provided for use on our website please email email@example.com.
- WV Office of MHST – Employee Privacy Notice