The State of West Virginia and the West Virginia Office of Miners’ Health Safety and Training does not maintain these sites and is not responsible for their content or management. If you would like to report a problem, please call the West Virginia Office of Miners’ Health Safety and Training at 304.558.1425.
The following sites all have mining, safety or coal related information, or would be of general interest to the researcher. If you know of a site that should be included in this listing, please let us know. If a link is broken or no longer working, please send us email at the address below so we can correct the error.
West Virginia State Agency Sites
- West Virginia Geological and Economic Survey
- West Virginia Archives and History
- West Virginia Coal Bed Mapping Program
- West Virginia Division of Environment Protection
- West Virginia Legislature (search the WV Code)
- State of West Virginia Homepage
- Map West Virginia
Black Lung (Pneumoconiosis) Information
- U.S. Department of Labor (Coal Mine Workers Compensation) (Federal Black Lung Office)
- WV Offices of the Insurance Commissioner – Workers’ Compensation (304) 558-5838 the following is a link to the Claims Services Division
- Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA)
- U.S. Office of Surface Mining
- OSM Mine Map Repository
- The National Institute of Occupational Health and Safety
- USGS Minerals Information Division
- Energy Information Administration
- NIOSH Mining Health and Safety Research
- OSHA Directory of Occupational Health and Safety Links
Associations and Other Points of Interest
- National Mine Rescue Information
- National Mine Association
- Plant Fossils of West Virginia
- West Virginia Coal Association
- West Virginia Coal History
- Safety Mine
Other Mining States
Please email to MHS&T for any additional information that should be added to this page.
The information obtained from these documents is accurate to the best of our knowledge and is not a substitute for current mining laws or regulations. The state is not liable for any damages resulting from any information that unintentionally may be inaccurate or untimely.©2019 West Virginia Office of Miners’ Health Safety and Training.
An official West Virginia State Agency Web site.
Read our Privacy Statement